Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I've Been a Bad Boy


I hide my face in shame -- I've been bad about updating my training log. BUT... that doesn't mean I've been bad about training! Quite to the contrary, I've gone off and done something remarkable. Amazing, even (at least to me). Somewhere in the last couple of months, I've actually learned to swim. Really! Okay, I've got a HUGE amount of work to do to be able to do more than backstroke the whole 1000 meters, but I'm getting there.

I'm now swimming at least three and often more times per week. I'm in my second round of lessons, and we're at the point of refining technique and working on endurance. I can tread water and/or float for at least 10 minutes in deep water. I may (possibly) have a chance of doing this thing! Woohoo! Thanks for all the support from everyone.

No comments: