Friday, November 30, 2007

First Swimming Lesson

Woohoo! Survived my first formal swimming lesson. It was with a very nice woman named Sue with a British accent. Not that that matters, but everyone likes a good British or Scottish accent. :)

We worked on treading water some, and mostly on body position for efficient freestyle swimming and breathing. Air is good. I took in a fair bit of it, along with a lot of water. You know that thing about getting 8 glasses of water per day? Yep, got it covered. {sputter} But I think I learned a fair bit, and I'll be practicing. So far, so good.

And no five year olds! Though the form I filled out to sign up for the lessons made lots of references to "your child". I'll just pretend I didn't see those.

(Please help out with a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through my fundraising page -- Thanks so much!)

No comments: