Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting Started

Okay, it's 200 days from now until June 1st, 2008. At this point, I cycle moderately well, though not super fast, I run marginally and definitely not fast, and I can proudly say that I know people who are really good swimmers. I'm just not one of them.

So... I'm in the process of making arrangements for swimming lessons. Hopefully they'll start soon. I joined ACAC yesterday so that I have access to their pool and instructors. I expect to be spending a lot of time there in the next few months.

Long before the triathlon, I still have the Charlottesville Men's Four Miler to run on December 1st, so today I'm going to go running to keep that skill up. It won't be fast, but I hope to work up to fast. Right now I'm running about 9 minute miles.

(Please help out with a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through my fundraising page -- Thanks so much!)

No comments: