Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Like a Cat in Water

It was back in the pool for more swimming practice, with a gentle grace reminiscent of the Andrea Doria rolling on her side and slipping quietly beneath the waves. Except it floated longer.

Honestly, I think I AM getting better, there's just that breathing thing. I'm finding that inhaling with my face in the water is less effective than I thought it might be. I think I'll try something different next time.

On a brighter note, the group run on Saturday morning was good. Six miles easy running, followed by a shoe clinic at Ragged Mountain Running Shop. Kudos to Mark there for getting me in good shoes, replacing the improper shoes one of the other running stores sold me. Now, if I could just run through the water, life would be grand!

(Please help out with a donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through my fundraising page -- Thanks so much!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I think the chlorine did something to your hair color. Nice suit, by the way.

David Oxford said...

Actually, the pool I practice in is a salt water pool, so it must be something in the saline balance.

As for the suit, you can't imagine how hard it is to find a good one with a cut-out for the tail.