Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Little Better at Swimming

Dead fish seemed about right... they float, but aren't much to look at.

Good news! I went swimming today, and actually felt halfway decent in the water. I'm sure that to the seasoned swimmers it sounds silly, but for me, the fact I could make it from one end of the warm water pool to the other AND BACK swimming freestyle is a big deal. Woohoo! My backstroke was a lot stronger, too. I'm actually feeling pretty good on the backstroke. There's still a long way to go (a LONG way), but today I felt like I made progress. It felt doable today. I'm still glad there's nearly six months, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you are doing better than my brother, who was traumatized for years after some "teacher" tossed him in the pool. Guess he was using the "sink or swim" theory ... unfortunately my brother literally sank. But after intensive training from a real physical education teacher years later, my brother now loves swimming and even has a condo near the ocean. Good luck with your training efforts!